We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world leader in music. In everything we do, we bet on art, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a wide range of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in over 60 countries.
Founded in 1993 in New York, Astralwerks was the brainchild of staff members at Caroline Records who saw an opportunity for a label focused on the burgeoning electronic and ambient scene. Now based in the historic Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood, Astralwerks has grown into a modern, artist-driven label and the #1 market leader in dance/electronic music in the United States. Combining an evolving, independent and globally minded philosophy with the ability to tap into the resources of a major label has allowed Astralwerks to sign artists such as ILLENIUM, Jonas Blue, Alison Wonderland, EDEN, ZHU and Alesso.
A testament to its pioneering approach, Astralwerks has amassed 30 GRAMMY® nominations, won six GRAMMY Awards and released landmark tracks from The Chemical Brothers, Swedish House Mafia, Halsey, Porter Robinson, Phoenix, Eric Prydz, Fatboy Slim and many more. . The label also released such massive singles as Marshmello + Bastille’s 6x Platinum “Happier” and FISHER’s “Losing It”.
How we lead
Astralwerks is currently looking for a Senior Marketing Manager who has a passion for electronic music, superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple critical demands. Must be highly efficient and very attentive to small details, and being able to multi-task in a high pressure environment is crucial. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
How you will CREATE
- Develop and execute front-line marketing plans for track and album release with a focus on consumer-driven marketing
- Coordinate the efforts of all departments of the label (A&R, creative, digital marketing, advertising, video production, street marketing, production, radio promotion, etc.) before and throughout releases to ensure the proper execution of the overall objectives of the marketing plan
- Build and deliver a consistent imagery strategy for each project and reinforce that image throughout the project
- Hire and manage independent marketing companies to facilitate the record label’s marketing/promotional efforts
- Secure placements and strategic marketing opportunities with external corporate and entertainment partners
- Understand the demographics that make up artist fanbases and, based on the assets provided by artists, develop product suites to increase revenue streams
- Develop/maintain artist schedules and schedules to create a successful marketing campaign
- Constantly analyze the results of marketing efforts as well as other relevant contextual marketing conditions; identify key opportunities and weaknesses and communicate them to the team with the research department
- Lead international strategies, as well as communicate information and create appropriate tools for international territories for assigned projects
- Effectively manage marketing and promotion budgets for assigned projects
- Work with all departments to create budgets for each commercial release and coordinate approval with the finance department
- Effectively manage all aspects of assigned projects, from main delivery to production
- Manage artist relationships for assigned artists
- Act as the primary liaison between the artist team and the label, maintaining awareness in communicating issues, plans, sensitivities, etc. from the artist to the team while diplomatically representing the interests of the label with the artist.
- Coordinate any artist appearances (advertising, radio, in-store) with internal departments as well as artists and any outside vendors (travel, equipment, etc.) ensuring artist and label needs are met in a satisfying manner
Bring your VIBE
- Extensive experience in the music industry with a focus on consumer-driven marketing
- Focus on global music marketing; understand that success can come from anywhere and can be won anywhere
- In-depth knowledge of the dance/electronic industry with experience in the promoter circuit, dance charts, digital and social media platforms, and grassroots marketing
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on changing workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong communication skills with the ability to draft and communicate marketing plans/efforts to executives, management and international territories
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, self-efficacy, and the ability to build rapport quickly
- Domestic and international travel required
- Competitive compensation including salary, benefits and generous 401k savings plan
- Paid time off – Paid time off, two (2) weeks paid for “Winter Break” season, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee development support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet insurance, and much more!
Disclaimer: This job description only outlines job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering company offices, unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer